MR-36 – mobile 3G/EDGE router
for fast, flexible and secure data streaming via VPN
The MR-36 router is a handy mobile extension for the DiREX-Pro series using MPEG4-based video compression. With the use of radio networking, users now can access and upload files from any place at any time. The compact and intelligent router ensures efficient and secure video transfer. Included with the BWA video solution is the free Multi-Vision software that can simultaneously monitor connection quality of several DVRs and adapt the video frame rate to current available bandwidth.
More about BWA Multi-Vision software
DiREX-Pro compressed video and audio streams, as well as e-mails are forwarded over integrated NAT (Network Address Translation) via Fast Ethernet to public IP networks. In combination with a RS-232 interface it is also possible to control video recordings via SMS or receive a motion detection alert on a cellular/mobile phone. Even when using older GSM networks or in the event of a lost connection the mobile duo (MR / DiREX-Pro) always keeps the user up-to-date. A special feature is a second SIM-Card that can provide an alternate connection in case of difficulties with the primary provider or if the maximum download volume has been reached or timer-controlled. Additionally, a second card avoids expensive roaming rates in transnational traffic.
The MR-36 is extremely versatile automatically choosing the fastest connection type available – whether GPRS, EDGE, 3G/UMTS or HSDPA*. The MR-36 supports DHCP and DynDNS services as well as L2TP. External FTP access is also forwarded to DiREX-Pro. The router can create its own IPSec encrypted VPN channel to an organization's head office** and makes it possible to use the device in conventional mobile networks with dynamic non-public IP addresses and external NAT. Once connected to the closed intranet all data is available, always ensuring a secure connection.
More about DiREX-Pro mobile use
In addition to the European model there will be alternative models available to suit the global requirements supporting Tri-Band HSDPA/UMTS (850/1900/2100 MHz) and Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).
- HSDPA/UMTS (up to 3.6 Mbit/s), EDGE/(E)GPRS (Class 10)
- VPN client for encrypted IPsec connection to a head office
- Hassle-free web interface, DHCP, NAT, L2TP, DynDNS, NTP
- DiREX-Pro/router control and motion notification via SMS
- Double SIM-Cards, incl. data traffic/roaming monitoring
- External GSM antenna (FME, 50 Ohm); GPS option (USB-A)
- RS-232 and power supply directly via DiREX-Pro D-Sub plug
- Power supply: 10...30 VDC / 0,3 W (in standby mode)
- Power consumption: 3.5 W (GPRS), 5.5 W (UMTS/HSDPA)
- Status LEDs; operation temperature range: -20...+55 °C
- Dimensions: 30x90x120 mm; weight: 150 g